Trust Capacity Fund (TCaF)
The next round of Trust Capacity Fund has been announced and will open to applicants in April. PAG has so far helped clients secure £500,000 of funding to grow and develop their trusts in the first round.
What is the Trust Capacity Fund (TCaF)?
The Trust Capacity Fund 2020 is a funding opportunity from the Department for Education which will award up to £17 million to support the growth and development of academy trusts. Click here to view more detailed information from the DfE. The Trust Capacity Fund 2020 to 2021 is the successor programme to the Trust Capacity Fund 2019 to 2020 and it will continue to support trust growth and development across England.
Premier Advisory has extensive experience in assisting Trusts to provide clear and straightforward financial planning strategies. We have also been very successful in helping Trusts obtain DfE funding. PAG has supported a number of clients in writing their application and growth plans and to date has been able to secure more than £500,000 for a wide range of clients all over England.
Who can apply?
The maximum grant threshold available is £310,000, depending on the eligibility criteria. There are five strands of funding, classified as follows:
- A1: Support strong trusts to grow and innovate in areas of long-standing need
- A2: Encourage trusts to grow by converting and improving weaker maintained schools or adding vulnerable academies and improving them
- B: Accelerate the development of mid-sized trusts with the potential to be strong
- C: Create new trusts either by single academy trusts joining larger trusts or by supporting the growth of existing ones via mergers or priority projects identified by Regional Schools Commissioners (RSCs)
- D: supporting outstanding or good local authority maintained rural schools to collaborate and create new, strong multi-academy trusts (MATs).
The full details of the application for the TCAF this year will be published in early March. There will be two periods within the 2020-2021 financial year to apply for the Fund:
- The first opportunity to apply will begin on 6th April 2020 until July 2020
- The second opportunity to apply will begin from September 2020 until December 2020
Premier Advisory Group can provide high-quality bid-writing and review services, including consultancy and research, to support you in your TCaF application. Further, we can support you on your growth plans prior to TCaF opening in April 2020.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, meet the criteria and would like to submit an application, or would simply like to find out more, please get in touch with us here.
Paul Stone from Discovery Schools Academy Trust
"Premier Advisory worked with us to help us secure TCaF funding to support the delivery of the next phase of our trust´s strategy. PAG helped us refine our growth plan and application form efficiently and effectively, taking time to understand our vision and ethos. We were impressed with how PAG was able to match our narrative style to reflect the aims and ambitions of our trust while ensuring adherence to the TCaF criteria."